All incoming graduate students in the Musicology program at The University of Alabama must take the graduate diagnostic examination in music theory. Current graduate students must take the comprehensive examination, which includes a music history section, before being admitted to candidacy.The School of Music offers master of music degrees in the following areas:
- Choral conducting
- Composition with an emphasis in arranging
- Organ performance with an emphasis in church music
- Performance (concentrations in piano, organ, organ with church music emphasis, voice and individual orchestral instruments)
- Performance (woodwind option)
- Piano accompanying
- Wind conducting
- Seminar in Musicology
- Proseminar in Ethnomusicology
- Special Topics in Musicology
- Special Topics in Musicology and Ethnomusicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling admission.
DisciplinesMusic Musicology View 1062 other Masters in Music in United States
- An online application form
- Application fee payment
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial admission scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT or MCAT; if required by the department)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Language scores (non-native English speakers)
International30250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15125 USD per semester during 24 months.
National30250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15125 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5390 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tuscaloosa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.