- Students from M.S. in Geological Sciences program offered by Ohio University conduct research in collaboration with a faculty adviser in one of three research clusters: solid earth and planetary dynamics, sedimentary geology and paleobiology, and environmental and surficial processes.
- Thesis research trains students in all stages of scientific investigation including hypothesis generation, data collection and analysis, interpreting research data, and presenting those results in a written thesis and oral presentation. Students also are trained in grantsmanship and encouraged to participate in scientific meetings. The M.S. program is designed to train and prepare students to be successful in continuing into a Ph.D. program or obtaining positions in the industry, government, or consulting sectors.
- The M.S. Degree in Geological Sciences at Ohio University is the degree-level most often sought by employers in Geological Sciences. Excellent opportunities are can be found in both energy and environmental fields as well as government and teaching positions.
- Statistical Methods in Geology
- Planetary Geology
- Geology of Mars
- Isotope Geology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
A minimum of 30 graduate credits (overall) is necessary for conferral of an M.S. degree from Ohio University.
DisciplinesSoil Science Geology View 237 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Bachelor's Degree
- GPA: Applicants must have a 3.0 (B) or higher GPA to be eligible for financial support
- GRE: Not required.
- Personal References: Three personal references are needed. They can be former employers, instructors, advisers, or persons otherwise having had a professional or academic experience with you.
- Letter of Intent: Applicants are required to write one- to three-page letter giving a brief summary of their background and why they are interested in geology and a master's thesis. (Err on the longer side.) Ideally, the letter writer will tell faculty what areas of geology the applicant finds most interesting. But the letter must specify one or more professors with whom the applicant would work and what the applicant finds interesting about the professor's research.
- Campus Visit: No, a campus visit is not required, but the faculty encourage and assist with visits.
- English Language Testing: TOEFL 80 (iBT) or IELTS 6.5 minimum across all bands
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.