- Students who pursue the M.S. in Geography program at Ohio University are usually specializing in the physical geography subfields or the geographical techniques typically pursue, as do students focusing on the natural or social science aspects of environmental geography.
- With regard to the M.S., the department has particular strengths in biogeography, geomorphology, climatology, meteorology, environmental geography, environmental planning, GIS, remote sensing, and cartography
Career and Professional Opportunities
- Graduates with an M.S. in Geography at Ohio University have a wide variety of professional opportunities in addition to pursuing doctoral degrees. Graduates may work in local, state, or federal government agencies, nonprofit organizations, consulting companies, educational institutions, and private industries as GIScience, global navigation (GPS), remote sensing, cartography, environmental, natural science, or social science specialists or managers. Some positions have a fieldwork component.
- Air Photo Interpretation
- Remote Sensing
- Advanced Remote Sensing
- Quantitative Methods
- Qualitative Methods in Geography
- Field Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Students must complete a minimum of 40 hours of graduate credit, consisting of at least 12 hours of thesis credit and 28 credit hours of courses.
DisciplinesGeography Climate Studies & Meteorology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 63 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign institution with a degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.
- Successful candidates are students who have excelled academically. Some programs have a minimum 3.0 GPA (or equivalent) requirement.
- A one- to two-page statement that describes the student?s interest in both the field of geography and the OHIO graduate program
- A separate resume or curriculum vitae.
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation by individuals who can comment on the student's preparation and potential for graduate studies.
- All non-native English speakers must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting official test scores for either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS academic). To be considered official, test scores must be reported directly from the testing agency to Ohio University.
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.