The students in the Inorganic Nanomaterials programme of the National University of Science and Technology (MISIS) will start with the studies in the science of engineering materials, which is a broad, multidisciplinary field devoted to understanding and control over the mechanical, electrical, optical and magnetic properties of a variety of functional nanomaterials (metals, ceramics, composites). They will then continue to learn more advanced inorganic materials, individual nanostructures (nanoparticles, nanotubes, nanosheets), associated composite materials and nanostructured coatings as well as hard and superhard nanomaterials. The master’s program students will receive comprehensive knowledge and gain practical skills in the field of atomistic simulations of solids and nanostructures, mechanical and optical spectroscopy, as well as fabrication and advanced characterization of inorganic nanomaterials.
Graduate students will be
- capable of working in both research laboratories and industry to solve various problems in the field of Inorganic Nanomaterials.
- able to independently pursue specific objectives of research in the field of inorganic nanomaterials and to solve them with the help of modern equipment and information technology using the latest domestic and foreign experience.
- Science of Engineering Materials
- Combustion Synthesis of Inorganic Materials
- Atomistic Simulations of Solids and Nanostructures
- Fabrication of Inorganic Nanomaterials
- Intellectual Properties Rights Protection
- Surface Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 19 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted as a regular graduate student to a two-year Master’s program at NUST “MISIS”, an applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- A scanned copy of the passport biographical page with the Notarized translation into Russian language
- A scanned copy of the Bachelor Diploma Certificate (or equivalent) with the notarized translation into Russian language
- Educational Transcript with the notarized translation into Russian language
- The Statement on standard medical form indicating no contraindications for studying in Russia, with note on results of HIV, tuberculosis and hepatitis tests with notarized translation into Russian language
- Motivational Letter in English
- CV in English
International2507 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2507 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2507 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2507 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 225 000 — 272 000 rubles/year, depending on the program
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.