The Infectious Diseases (Distance learning) programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine draws upon the School’s long tradition in the study of clinical and epidemiological aspects of infectious and tropical diseases.
Providing a broad understanding of infectious diseases, together with developing strategies for their control and treatment, the courses will be of particular relevance to in-service health professionals, such as doctors or laboratory staff who either wish to acquire new knowledge in infectious diseases or update their current expertise.
These programmes are aimed both at recent graduates who wish to pursue an advanced degree, and at people who took their first training some time ago and wish to update their knowledge in this rapidly evolving field or who wish to change career direction.
- Principles of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- Principles of Biology
- Biology of Infectious Diseases
- Control of Infectious Diseases
- Bacterial Infections
- Nutrition and Infection
- Viral Infections
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Postgraduate Certificate – 60 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma – 120 credits
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 33 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- A first or second class honours degree or the equivalent, from a university or other institution acceptable to the University of London, in a scientific subject (e.g. biology, medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary science, pharmacy) or in another scientific discipline which has, in the opinion of the University, included suitable preliminary training.
- Applicants with an appropriate technical qualification and work experience will also be considered.
- substantial education (minimum of eighteen months) conducted and assessed in English, or
- substantial work experience (minimum of eighteen months) conducted in English.
To get the most from your studies, your computer should have at least the following minimum specification:
- screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
- sufficient bandwidth to download documents should be 50 MB
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.