The Applied Educational Leadership MA course offered at the University College London (UCL) enables students to develop themselves and their educational systems, and to reflect on the quality of the learning and teaching they manage.
As an applied programme, this MA will improve a student's understanding of educational leadership theory, enable them to apply it to their own working environment, and to undertake research in their settings.
It will foster students' continuing professional development, allowing them to consider issues related to the policy context of education. It will also give them the chance to think through, apply and evaluate strategies for leading change.
Graduates of this programme are currently working across a broad range of areas. Some are working as senior and middle leaders in education institutions worldwide, while others have jobs as government ministers and advisers. Graduates can also be found working as local government leaders and consultants. Many AEL students gain promotion during their course of study.
The applied nature of the course course prepares and supports students for transition into more senior leadership roles in education; for those in senior positions, it helps to develop their leadership of their institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership for the Learning Community
- Learning and Managing Educational Change and Improvement
- Developing Personal Leadership Skills
- Exploring Educational Policy
- Finance and Resource Management
- Values, Vision and Moral Purpose
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Special Education View 202 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in any subject, and at least two years' relevant work experience.
- Word processing, Internet and email skills are all basic requirements of this programme.
- You must have regular access to a computer (or mobile device) with an internet connection to use the University of London International Programmes website and the Student Portal.
- These are where your programme's study resources are located.
International21600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.