This Sustainable Development programme from SOAS University of London aims to provide students with a broad grounding in the main concepts associated with sustainable development, but also provides the opportunity to specialise in one area in greater depth.
This programme provides a theoretical basis for understanding the evolution, meanings and use of the concept of sustainable development and it will help you to gain practical research experience. You will also acquire the skills needed to understand current environmental, development and sustainability issues and debates.
The aims of the programme are:
- to provide students with the skills necessary to analyse and interpret current issues and debates related to sustainable development
- to enhance knowledge and understanding for decision- and policy-making on sustainable development issues
Graduates from the Centre for Development, Environment and Policy leave SOAS with in-depth knowledge about the environment and sustainability challenges facing the world today, as well as the interdisciplinary skills to tackle them. Graduates go on to apply their learning in the private and public sectors, international organisations, NGO's, consultancies and development sector.
Recent graduates have been hired by:
- African Development Bank Group
- Civic Exchange, Hong Kong
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Energy Networks Association
- Energy UK
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Plan UK
- Public Policy Projects
- UN Environment Programme
- to enhance students' critical, analytical, and integrative skills for responding to sustainable development challenges
- to provide research training and experience in relation to sustainable development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Sustainable Development
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Energy and Development
- Food Security and Social Protection
- Global Environmental Change and Sustainability
- Low Carbon Development
- Understanding Poverty
- Urban Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 47 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A good first degree in an appropriate subject area, as accepted by the University of London, and a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5135 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10270 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5135 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10270 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- PgDip: £8,200 per full
- PgCert: £4,100 per full
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.