At Sport Administration from University of Louisville students gain valuable experience working, interning, and volunteering on many significant service-learning projects for local and community agencies. We utilize many guest lecturers from sport business organizations each semester to speak with our students about how to excel as a business professional in the sport industry.
In general, the sport industry is divided in commonly recognized segments, including, but not limited to, professional sport, intercollegiate athletics, voluntary athletic associations such as the NCAA and high school athletic associations, recreational sport, facility management, event management, promotions & marketing, health & fitness, and sporting goods retail operations, just to name a few. Within each of these segments, job opportunities exist ranging from sales, marketing, box office management, ticketing, player development, golf course management, accounting and finance, facility operations, athletic training, operation of intramural sports, restaurant management, pool management, academic services for athletics, fitness club operations, outdoor recreation programs, compliance in college athletics, internet web design, sponsor development, special event coordinator, sports reporters, sports editors, sports information director, sport talk show hosts, and other diverse and unique opportunities.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Financial Principles of Sport
- Sport Management and Leadership
- Research in Sport Administration
- Sport Analytics
- Sport Communication Theory and Practice
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Policy
- Legal Aspects in the Sport Industry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applicants will be considered for admission during a given review cycle - February 1 (for Summer or Fall), April 1 (for Summer or Fall).
DisciplinesMarketing Sports Management Sports Sciences View 318 other Masters in Marketing in United States
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Submit all official transcripts as verification of coursework and degree(s).
- Applicants who have attended a college or university outside of the United States are also required to submit an evaluation of their transcript through either WES (World Education Services) or ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators).
- Current resume
- Formal Statement of Goals which should explain in 500 words or less why they want to be admitted into the program and what they plan to do with the degree
- At least two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicant's academic and/or professional capabilities and potential.
- For GRE scores. Other professional school entrance exams such as the MCAT and the GMAT may be considered upon permission from the program director.
- English Proficiency
- 2.75 cumulative grade point average, or 2.75 grade point average for their senior college years.
International27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6762 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.