The Finance - Quantitative Finance programme offered by SOAS University of London is particularly suitable if you have a first degree in engineering, applied science, applied mathematics, economics, or similar subjects, but is also suitable for others with quantitative skills.
Students will also become acquainted with the main issues and methods in Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Financial Engineering, and Financial Econometrics. The programme will present Finance as a scientific discipline with a rigorous methodology, but at the same time will describe the way financial markets and institutions actually work in a variety of contexts.
The teaching offers you exceptional insights into financial institutions and markets in London and other major cities in the world. In addition, we offer specialist knowledge of financial and management systems in the emerging markets of Africa, Asia and the Middle East – something that will set you apart from graduates of other universities that normally focus on the analysis of Europe and the Americas.
Obtain real-world skills in the global financial hub – London
- you will be equipped with strong quantitative and analytical skills to undertake professional tasks such as: financial analysis, risk management, investment appraisal and portfolio allocation
- SOAS is in close proximity to the City of London, a leading financial centre in the world with 75% of the top global companies based in the city, 100% of leading financial institutions represented, and 200 + foreign banks
Graduates from the MSc in Finance will be well equipped for a career in corporate finance, treasury, banking, investments, financial analysis, and other finance-related strategic roles in business.
Students who attain a distinction or merit grade will be well-placed to embark on research towards a PhD. The School of Finance and Management maintains close links with employers in the United Kingdom and its focus regions; the Centre for Global Finance has solid international links with multinational firms, governments and multilateral financial institutions.
The graduates may wish to consider taking up work in a wide range of organisations, including:
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
- Euro Monitor International
- HM Treasury
- Western Securities Co. Ltd
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Econometric Principles and Data Analysis
- Econometric Analysis and Applications
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Engineering
- Modelling Firms and Markets
- Risk Management: Principles and Applications
- If your degree was not awarded 'with Honours' or if you are applying on the basis of a professional qualification, you should also submit the final transcript of your qualification. The transcript must include all the subjects taken, the marks/grades obtained and the date of the final award.
- If we need further information about a particular qualification (e.g. a transcript and/or syllabus), we may ask you to contact the appropriate awarding or examining authority to ask them to write directly to us giving further details of your qualifications
International5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- MSc : £10,500
- Single Module: £1,750
Dependent on nationality, employment circumstances and other factors, funding and sponsorship sources can include:
- United Nations (UNESCO, FAO, UNDP, UNEP etc)
- Bilateral Aid Agencies (SIDA, GTZ, etc)
- European Union
- British Council
- UK Department for International Development / Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Educational and other charitable trusts
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.