Oral Biology from University of Louisville is directed toward a general understanding of the biology of the oral cavity and developing craniofacial region and the interactions between oral and systemic health. Basic (molecular and cellular), clinical and translational dental and medical research is pursued. Therefore, the student body in Oral Biology is diverse and includes post-graduate dentists, dental students and science graduates.
Graduates with Oral Biology from University of Louisville will:
- perform biomedical research with the training and guidance of a faculty mentor, and results are prepared as the student’s thesis.
- obtain the scientific knowledge and biomedical skills required to perform contemporary dental research.
- Biomedical Data Analysis: Experimental Design and Statistics
- Oral Biology Research
- Oral Health Seminars
- Oral Biology Communication
- Concepts in Oral Immunology
- Oral Microbiology
- Advanced Topics in Oral Biology
- Craniofacial Osteology
- Craniomaxillofacial Diagnostic Imaging
- The Diagnosis & Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders
- Advanced Oral Diagnosis and Oral Medicine
- Advanced Clinical Pharmacology
- Overview of Medical Genetics in Oro-Facial Disease
- Advanced Oral Pathology
- Molecular Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Dentistry View 1230 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Graduate School application and $65 fee, http://graduate.louisville.edu
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Graduate Transcript
- GRE - Graduate Record Examination or
- DAT/NB-Dental Admissions Test or National Boards
- Two letters of recommendation (forms available online)
- Personal Statement (must be signed)
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4-point scale) or higher during undergraduate education, and during graduate education (e.g., dental school), if applicable.
- English Proficiency
- Financial Statement
International27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 24 months.
National27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6762 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.