Bioengineering from University of Louisville offers advanced-level training that provides students with in-depth knowledge of bioengineering in areas such as biocomputational modeling, bioimaging, bioinstrumentation, biomaterials, biomechanics, biomedical devices, bioMEMS, bionanotechnology, biosensors, biosignal processing, biosystems control, molecular bioengineering, and tissue engineering.
Graduates with Bioengineering from University of Louisville will:
- demonstrate advanced level bioengineering expertise and practical engineering experience necessary to function as bioengineering professionals.
- develop with the bioengineering expertise and practical experience necessary for employment in industry, academia or government, or further professional/graduate studies.
- develop with an understanding of the broad, social, ethical and professional issues of contemporary engineering practice.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing for Bioengineers
- Cardiovascular Dynamics
- Advanced Biomaterials
- Artificial Organs
- Microfabrication and MEMS
- Bioimaging & Biocomputational Modeling
- Machine Learning in Medicine
- Medical Image Computing
- Computational Methods for Medical Image Analysis
- Modeling of Biological Phenomena
- Simulation and Modeling of Discrete Systems
- Digital Image Processing
- Medical Imaging Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology General Engineering & Technology View 1718 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- All admission applications for the program shall include:
- A completed application for admission for the Graduate School,
- An application fee,
- At least two letters of recommendation,
- Written statement describing previous experience related to Bioengineering and how the Master of Science in Bioengineering will allow the applicant to fulfill their career goals, and
- Official transcript(s) for all previous post-secondary coursework. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim into English.
- The minimum requirement for admission is the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- TOEFL/IELTS. The successful applicant will typically have a TOEFL score of 80 or higher or overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher.
- Financial Statement
International27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6762 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.