The National Association of School Psychologists first approved the program in 1991, and graduates are eligible for national certification until the next review cycle in approximately 2020.
The Psychology ( School Psychology ) program at Middle Tennessee State University also seeks to prepare Ed.S.-level school psychologists for licensure by the Tennessee Board of Education. The school psychologist must be prepared to understand and deal with the child's three major social systems: society in general, the family situation, and the school system. MTSU uses a psychosocial model and promotes a multicultural perspective.
Students also get training in assessment and intervention with school pupils who have dyslexia, through the Center for the Study and Treatment of Dyslexia and neighboring education districts. Graduate and research assistantships are among financial aid possibilities.
MTSU graduates are employed in education as either school psychologists or behavioral analysts. A school psychologist may work in a variety of different environments including public schools, clinics and hospitals, private schools, school health clinics, universities, community agencies, and in private practice.
- School Psychology: Ethics and Practice
- Interventions with Children and Adolescents
- Intellectual Assessment
- Laboratory in Intellectual Assessment
- Practicum: School Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 1188 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Complete graduate application for admission
- Submit $35 nonrefundable application fee (money order or check with routing numbers); American Express, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted for online applications.
- Submit a copy of valid passport.
- Already in the U.S., submit a copy of valid Visa and copies of pages 1-3 of your current I-20 and the front and back of your I-94 card or I-94 information print out.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institution(s). We request transcripts be sent directly to an accredited external evaluation service. If transcripts are written in a foreign language, an official translation in English is required in addition to the official original copy.
International18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 12 months.
National18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Murfreesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.