In the urban planning spectrum, on the one hand, consolidation of a series of urban management activities that require advanced interpretation and application can be identified: the development of general urban planning tools; infrastructural, housing, transport, services and environmental policies; management of complex programmes and projects.
On the other hand, the demand for new urban and territorial policies that require specific professional competence is increasing.
The main professional opportunities for the Urban Planning and Policy Design programme at the Politecnico Di Milano graduates are in the free-lance sector (after having sat the professional examinations) and in institutions and public and private bodies operating to transform and manage the city, territory and environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban planning and design
- Urban policies
- Planning theory and practice
- Policy analysis
- Contemporary city
- Infrastructure planning and design
- Energy and urban planning
- Housing and neighbourhoods
- Regional economics
- European economics and welfare
- Urban ethnography
- Conflicts management
- Land use ethics and the law
- Smart cities and urban innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 50 other Masters in Design in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in one of the main subjects related to the programme (Urban planning, Architecture, Engineering, Sociology and Social Sciences, Geography, Economics, Political Sciences and Environmental Science).
- A Committee will evaluate students with a different background case by case. Architects are required to produce a portfolio.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.