Health and Physical Education from University of Louisville offers school-based methods courses in the fall semester (August-December) in health and physical education for grades PK-12. During the spring semester candidates complete 15 weeks of student teaching at both the elementary and secondary levels, a weekly seminar class and an action research project.
Students who graduate from the MAT enter careers in PK-12 teaching in health and physical education.
Physical Education and School Health students who have completed the MAT program have consistently secured jobs as physical educators or health educators in a variety of schools in Jefferson Co. Public Schools, Oldham Co. Public Schools, and Bullitt Co. Public Schools. Some students have acquired teaching positions in private schools, and others in different states. Teaching in a different state requires verification of equivalency of Kentucky teacher certification in the chosen state.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching and Learning for Elementary Physical Education
- Teaching and Learning for Secondary Physical Education
- Methods in Practical Living: Health
- Student Teaching in Health and Physical Education
- Student Teaching: Elementary Physical Education
- Student Teaching: Middle/Secondary Physical Education
- Reading and Writing Across the Curriculum
- Student Teaching: Health Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please note: If the application deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, we will accept the admission portfolio on the Monday after the deadline by 5:00 p.m.
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Sports Sciences View 1436 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Application to Graduate School/MAT Program.
- Passing Test Scores
- Praxis II Content Exam(s)
- Bachelor's Degree from Accredited College or University with a Minimum 2.75 Grade Point Average (official transcripts required).
- Prerequisite Course Requirements
- Oral Communication Proficiency
- Written Communication Proficiency
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
- Financial Statement
- Professional Writing Requirements
- Letters of Recommendation
International27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6762 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.