The program is a combination of business and science to offer training to work in leadership roles in scientific companies and agencies. Opportunities with the Biotechnology master’s degree include research science positions in laboratories applying biotechnology to problems in medicine, industry, and agriculture, as well as management positions in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. The program features industry experience in a 250-hour internship that is completed prior to graduation instead of a thesis or comprehensive exams. Coursework includes classes in the specific scientific concentration, along with a business management core. A limited number of graduate assistantships are available.With the growth of positions in the biotechnology industry in Tennessee and nationwide, the demand for persons with training in both biological science and management is expected to grow significantly. Jobs may be found in agricultural, chemical, environmental and pharmaceutical research and industries.
- Accounting and Legal Issues for Managers
- Managerial Communication
- Internship Program
- Leadership and Motivation
- Probabilistic and Statistical Reasoning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology View 169 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a major in biology or chemistry or another major. Student must have taken organic chemistry and at least three undergraduate courses related to biotechnology, including genetics;
- basic competency in word processing, electronic mail, library retrieval systems, presentation graphics, spreadsheets, and databases;
- the appropriate undergraduate preparation for advanced study of Biotechnology.
International1382 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1382 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National548 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 548 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.