Both concentrations are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
The mission of the Professional Counseling program at Middle Tennessee State University is to help students develop essential knowledge, skills, and dispositions to function successfully as professional counselors working in mental health agencies, private practice, or elementary, middle, and high schools. We strive to attract a diverse group of students who have an allegiance to social justice and to advocacy for equal opportunity for all members of society, and who will make a strong commitment to their own academic achievement, professional development, and personal self-awareness and growth across the lifespan.
Professional Counseling faculty train highly skilled counselors to assist individuals with social, emotional and/or academic challenges. Information pertaining to diversity and trauma is emphasized and infused throughout the curriculum.
To meet the mission, the following objectives have been established:
- Graduates will have acquired knowledge and skills to work with individuals in the context of human growth and development principles.
- Graduates will have an appreciation of the unique contributions and concerns of diverse populations and will have the ability to work with all individuals to enhance and encourage their full participation in a pluralistic society.
- Graduates will have developed a professional counselor identity based on strengths, wellness, empowerment, prevention and early intervention.
- Graduates will evidence commitment to the practitioner-scholar role and to ongoing professional development.
- Foundations of Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Introduction to Professional Counseling
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Theories and Techniques of Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 971 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Complete graduate application for admission
- Submit $35 nonrefundable application fee (money order or check with routing numbers); American Express, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted for online applications.
- Submit a copy of valid passport.
- Already in the U.S., submit a copy of valid Visa and copies of pages 1-3 of your current I-20 and the front and back of your I-94 card or I-94 information print out.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institution(s). We request transcripts be sent directly to an accredited external evaluation service. If transcripts are written in a foreign language, an official translation in English is required in addition to the official original copy.
International17782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17782 USD per year during 12 months.
National17782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17782 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7024 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7024 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Murfreesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.