Study Religious Studies at University of Lethbridge
Students may pursue a Masters degree in Religious Studies in the following areas: Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, or East Asian Religions, provided they closely align with the expertise of our departmental members.
Typically, MA students are expected to have or obtain the equivalent of one year of study in a classical language related to their research area. The University of Lethbridge offers courses in Latin and Japanese, and occasionally in Greek and Hebrew. However, Chinese, Sanskrit, Arabic, and other such languages may have to be studied at other institutions.
Because of the nature of the Religious Studies MA program offered by University of Lethbridge, the Thesis forms the central requirement of the program. At the master’s level, a Thesis involves close collaboration between supervisor and student. Consequently, students are required to secure a potential supervisor prior to submitting an application for this program (except for Economics major).
- Graduate degrees traditionally have been awarded for the successful completion of a satisfactory Thesis.
- The Thesis route expresses the fundamental tradition of academic scholarship.
- It also relates to the University’s undergraduate programs, because the creation of a Thesis in any discipline calls for a range of skills which are central to the liberal education tradition, including analysis and synthesis of ideas, empirical investigations, the construction and articulation of arguments, and writing skills.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies View 33 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
Applicants normally must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (based on the uLethbridge 4.00 scale) on the last 20 graded university-level term courses
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP) for graduate student
- Secure a potential supervisor (except for Economics major)
International9022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4511 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1991 CAD per semester during 24 months.
- Domestic: $597/semester
- International: $1353/semester
Living costs for Lethbridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.