As a smaller program with high caliber students and first-rate digital facilities, the MFA in New Media offers an exceptional level of interaction with faculty who are practicing artists, designers, and scholars engaged in extensive collaboration and interdisciplinary research and production. Bolstered by prolific and national renowned fine arts and performance arts communities, the program offers student unique opportunities to contribute to the vibrant cultural like of the region.
The New Media MFA program from University of Lethbridge offers students unique opportunities to contribute to the vibrant cultural life on campus and in the broader community of Lethbridge. MFA students are encouraged to augment their studio practice through interactions with other graduate programs in the Faculty of Fine Arts (Art, Music, and Drama). The University of Lethbridge's liberal arts focus offers opportunities to take courses and explore collaborations with the Humanities, Sciences, and Social Sciences.
Located in the U of L Centre for the Arts, the New Media Department is supported by excellent studios, labs, specialized workshops, and digital facilities, including:
- Computer labs with advanced graphics workstations
- Research lab with Cintiq screens and Wacom tablets
- Motion Capture Studio
- Game Research Lab
- Cove Studio –VFX green screen infinity cyclorama
- Digital Cinema Suite – professional editing and finishing rooms
- Disruptive Imaginings Data Physicalization Lab
- Media production equipment loan centre
- Design for Digital Media
- Interactive Media, Web, and Video games
- 3D Art and Animation
- New Media Theory and Culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Animation Media Management View 21 other Masters in Media Management in Canada
Applicants normally must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (based on the uLethbridge 4.00 scale) on the last 20 graded university-level term courses
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP) for graduate student
- Secure a potential supervisor (except for Economics major)
International9022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4511 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 24 months.
- Domestic: $584/semester
- International: $1353/semester
Living costs for Lethbridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.