The research experience is considerably enhanced by Middle Tennessee State University’s new 250,000-square-foot science building and upgraded instrumentation. Talented undergraduates also have the opportunity to participate in a new Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s (ABM) program which enables them to complete a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years.
Graduates of the Chemistry program find employment in a wide range of areas as well as continuing their education in high-quality doctoral and/or professional programs. The department also participates in three interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs (Molecular Biosciences, Computational Science, and Math and Science Education).
Jobs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics are projected to grow 13 percent by 2022. Chemistry graduates with advanced degrees will particularly find better job opportunities with pharmaceutical and biotech companies. MTSU's state-of-the-art science building offers both large and small lab spaces so faculty can pursue research projects with both graduate and undergraduate students. A memorandum of understanding between the university and Oak Ridge National Laboratory also has been renewed three times.
- Intermediate Organic Chemistry
- Intermediate Analytical Chemistry
- Intermediate Analytical Chemistry Lab
- Intermediate Physical Chemistry
- Intermediate Inorganic Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Sciences View 374 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- Complete graduate application for admission
- Submit $35 nonrefundable application fee (money order or check with routing numbers); American Express, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted for online applications.
- Submit a copy of valid passport.
- Already in the U.S., submit a copy of valid Visa and copies of pages 1-3 of your current I-20 and the front and back of your I-94 card or I-94 information print out.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institution(s). We request transcripts be sent directly to an accredited external evaluation service. If transcripts are written in a foreign language, an official translation in English is required in addition to the official original copy.
International18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 12 months.
National18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7212 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Murfreesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.