Interdisciplinary Studies - Health Care Ethics from University of Louisville draws on resources from across the University - making it appropriate for students of law, philosophy, medicine, nursing, dentistry, paramedicine, social work, religious studies, public health, health administration, or veterinary medicine.
Graduates with Interdisciplinary Studies - Health Care Ethics from University of Louisville will:
- gain the tools to apply theory to real-world problems.
- gain hands-on experience
- gain the theoretical underpinnings for careful analysis of real-world problems
- participate in hospital ethics committees, teach medical ethics and humanities or interpret the interaction of religion/spirituality and medicine as appropriate to their prior or further training.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Ethical Theory
- Current Controversies in Health Care Ethics
- Gender, Race and Culture in Health Care
- Health Care, Justice, and Community
- Clinical Ethics
- Integrative Bioethics: Self and Other in Theory and Practice
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall semester with consideration for Graduate Assistantship: January 15th
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Public Health Health Sciences View 360 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Louisville and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application (online version preferred since it allows you to upload all other required materials.)
- Application fee
- Transcripts from all previous academic work
- Standardized test scores - GRE, MCAT or LSAT preferred. Other scores may be accepted with prior approval. Applicants who have completed Master's or Doctoral level degrees are exempt from this requirement.
- 2 recent letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant's academic work or life long learning and speak to your ability to complete graduate level education. Discursive letters preferred.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Personal statement, which should address the question: "Why have you decided to pursue a concentration in Health Care Ethics?" The personal statement should be between 2-4 double spaced pages (500 - 1000 words).
- English Proficiency
- Financial Statement
International27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 24 months.
National27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6762 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.