The Materials Science degree at University of New Hampshire is a unique combination of both fundamental science and engineering, preparing students to tackle technical problems from a materials perspective in fields such as sustainable energy, sustainable and biodegradable materials, stimuli responsive coatings, and advanced electronic materials.
The M.S. and Ph.D. in materials science and engineering degrees are truly sought after and can open more doors to opportunities than traditional single-discipline degrees.
Why Choose UNH’S Materials Science Program (MSP)?
Our materials science program offers unique experiences. Research can be conducted under a single faculty member, however, in many cases several faculty collaborate from different disciplines.
Past and current students have had the chance to contribute to materials critical to space telescopes with farther reach than the Hubble, novel materials from boron nitride and the opportunity to work with local companies, as well as the newly formed biomaterials research center (NH BioMADE) with research in prosthetics, tissue engineering and biosensors.
The MSP, in collaboration with the UNH Physics Department, also offers a five-year program awarding a B.S. in physics and culminating in a materials science M.S.
- Advanced electronics
- Advanced manufacturing
- Biomaterials and biosensors
- Materials physics
- Nanotechnology and nanomaterials
- Professor in academia
- Research scientist
- Sustainable energy
- Theoretical computation
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Materials
- Seminar (two semesters)
- Master's Thesis
- Master's Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 608 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Test Scores: GRE Required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: Some academic departments recommend that international applicants, living outside of the United States, and planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application. If your desired program is not on the form, departments prefer a full application be submitted. Preapplication requests will be carefully reviewed and a decision usually provided within 3 weeks.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.