Art (Creative) and Art History - Concentration in Critical and Curatorial Studies from University of Louisville culminates with a class-curated exhibition in the Hite Art Institute’s campus galleries. In addition to the methodologies course and the Fine Arts graduate seminar, students in the CCS program take elective courses in Art History and outside of the Department of Fine Arts with the aim of developing general and specialized knowledge in their respective fields.
Our program combines critical theory, contemporary art and exhibition history, and practical exhibition experience to prepare students for work in the expanding fields of contemporary exhibition development and art writing.
- Special Topics
- Critical and Curatorial Studies
- Public Administration Arts Management
- Art history
- Studio Art
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History General Studies & Classics View 180 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required for admission to the program. The Art History MA Program specifically recommends a minimum score of 156 on the verbal portion of the GRE.
- All MA programs in the Department of Fine Arts require a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Have, in most cases, completed an undergraduate major or equivalent in the intended field of study.
- Submit a formal application, application fee, at least two letters of recommendation specific to the program, official transcripts of all college work
- A statement of about 500 typed words detailing the applicant’s educational and professional goals in the field of Fine Arts.
- A writing sample (normally an advanced-level Art History paper)
- English Proficiency
- Financial Statement
International27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27638 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13819 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6762 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.