At Art (Creative) and Art History - Art History from University of Louisville students in this concentration may select in-depth courses that focus on particular eras, such as Renaissance, Baroque, Contemporary, Asian and Non-western art and architecture.
Our program prepares students with the course work, language skills, and research experience needed for further graduate study or work in a museum or educational setting.
- Theories & Methods of Art History
- Art History
- Teaching Internship
- Internship in Studio Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 371 other Masters in Art History in United States
- Undergraduate degree in studio art from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 48 credit hours of undergraduate work in studio courses and 12 credit hours in art history courses. A BFA in Studio Art is recommended.
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must present a portfolio of work which shows technical and conceptual competency and demonstrates the promise necessary to succeed.
- A formal Application for Graduate Admission, including a $60 nonrefundable application processing fee,
- At least two letters of recommendation specific to the program,
- Official transcripts of all college work.
- A typed Artist’s Statement relevant to the submitted artwork of no more than 500 words;
- A typed Statement of Intent of no more than 500 words detailing the applicant’s educational and professional goals in the field of Fine Arts;
- A resume [no longer than two pages].
- English Proficiency
- Financial Statement
International27374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13687 USD per semester during 24 months.
National27374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13687 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6630 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.