Study French and Spanish at University of Lethbridge
The Spanish-speaking demographic has grown rapidly in Alberta, but so has business between Canadian companies and Latin America, which has led to a demand for employees who can do business with Spanish speaking clients both here and abroad. This includes fields like media, banking, government service, foreign affairs, non-government organizations, research, ESL teaching and many others. More broadly, companies in our global economic environment are increasingly looking for employees with a second or third language, and who have backgrounds that allow them to interact effectively with other cultures.
Because of the nature of the French and Spanish MA program offered by University of Lethbridge, the Thesis forms the central requirement of the program. At the master’s level, a Thesis involves close collaboration between supervisor and student. Consequently, students are required to secure a potential supervisor prior to submitting an application for this program (except for Economics major).
- Graduate degrees traditionally have been awarded for the successful completion of a satisfactory Thesis.
- The Thesis route expresses the fundamental tradition of academic scholarship.
- It also relates to the University’s undergraduate programs, because the creation of a Thesis in any discipline calls for a range of skills which are central to the liberal education tradition, including analysis and synthesis of ideas, empirical investigations, the construction and articulation of arguments, and writing skills.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 5 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Lethbridge and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants normally must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (based on the uLethbridge 4.00 scale) on the last 20 graded university-level term courses.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP) for graduate student
- Secure a potential supervisor (except for Economics major)
International9022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4511 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National3982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1991 CAD per semester during 24 months.
- Domestic: $597/semester
- International: $1353/semester
Living costs for Lethbridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.