The Technology Governance and Sustainability MA programme from Tallinn University of Technology equips students with the capacity for critical thinking and with practical management skills on technological change, innovation and digital transformation that will make You succeed in tech-focused private and public organizations as well as in international bodies. We want to understand digital technologies as the key driver of development around the world, and we want to make sure that digital transformation brings about sustainable, green growth and human-centered development.
The programme is designed for those who want to know:
- the dynamics of techno- and social innovation and the role of different actors (entrepreneurs, large companies, governments, and most of all, humans) in these dynamics and in steering innovation towards a more sustainable future;
- the heterodox perspectives of economic development and innovation processes, i.e. systems of innovation, evolutionary, post-Keynesian, commons-based, or non-Western;
- the role and nature of technology, including its critique, and, in particular, the meaning and management of digital transformation, and its impact on the economy, society, government, and people.
The programme is a great terminal degree and prepares globally desired experts in managing technological changes and digital transformations who work for either national governments and international organizations (as innovation policy experts and innovation managers) or for non-profit organizations and in the private sector (as owner-entrepreneurs, technology consultants, innovation managers, analysts).
The programme also provides excellent competitive competencies for a continuing Your academic career as a researcher in academic institutions or pursuing PhD studies, as our impressive track record shows.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics and Finance of Innovation and Development
- Technology, Society and the Future
- Techno-economic Paradigms and Technological Transitions
- Entrepreneurship and Technology Management
- e-Governance and e-Democracy
- Digital Transformations of Government
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
· February 1st, 2023 – Admission opens
· April 1st, 2023 – Application deadline for non-EU citizens
· May 1st, 2023 - Application deadline for citizens from OECD member states, Georgia, Ukraine, and non-EU candidates who are residing in Estonia on a legal basis
· June 1st, 2023 - Application deadline for citizens from EU/EEA countries and Switzerland
· August 1st, 2023 - Application deadline for Finnish, Latvian, and Lithuanian citizens applying for programmes of the School of Business and Governance
DisciplinesInternational Development Innovation Management Engineering Management View 5 other Masters in Engineering Management in Estonia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tallinn University of Technology and/or in Estonia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent: In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
- GRE General Test
- Motivation letter
- Online Interview
- Officially certified copy of Bachelor's diploma in the original language
- Officially certified copy of academic transcripts in the original language
- Authorized translation in English of Bachelor's diploma
- Authorized translation in English of academic transcripts
- Simple copy of passport identification pages
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3100 EUR per year during 24 months.
- All Ukrainian citizens are waived from the application fee.
- Ukrainian citizens who have a Temporary Protection from Estonian Police and Border Guard Board can study for free on any of the programmes TalTech offers in English.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Technology Governance and Sustainability.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.