The Global Health program from McMaster University is designed for students looking to gain the skills and experience required for leadership careers within key international health organizations, government agencies, NGOs and the private sector.
It is developed by the Faculties of Health Sciences, Social Sciences and the DeGroote School of Business in partnership with Maastricht University, the Netherlands, and partner universities in India, Norway, Thailand, Colombia, and Sudan.
Areas of Research
- Globalization and Equity
- Global Health Management
- Global Healths: Disease Burden, Challenges and Changes
- Global Health Foundations
- Globalization: An Introduction
- Health Policy Analysis
- Research Methods: A Global Health Perpsective
- Learning Symposium and Field Orientation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 151 other Masters in Public Health in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements. Please review the program website for details.
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details.
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5698 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2102 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.