The Environmental Engineering and Management MSc programme offered at Tallinn University of Technology provides interdisciplinary solutions in a market-based economy through the integrated management of water, wastewater, solid wastes, and air pollutants.
The programme aims to provide students with needed skills to enable interdisciplinary approach when applying environmental technologies and using environmental management tools, based on the principles of sustainable development and environmental sustainability. The curriculum aims also to deepen knowledge and understanding of the major trends in environmental technologies, environmental protection and sustainable production, linking environmental problems with engineering and economic aspects.
The curriculum offers knowledge and skills in various fields of environmental technology (air protection, water management, waste handling) that enable graduates of Masters to:
advise, guide the company in introducing environmentally friendly and sustainable engineering solutions, increasing material, water- and energy efficiency and reducing emissions;
successfully work as an enterprise environmental councillor, an environmental specialist in local municipalities, water service companies, consultancy firms, public institutions (ministries, environmental boards, inspectorates, research and scientific institutions as well as applying for doctoral studies
TalTech will offer tuition-free study places for programmes taught in English for countries of the OECD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Assessment and System Analysis
- Hydrochemistry and Microbiology
- Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Audit
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
1 May - Application deadline for citizens from OECD member states, Georgia, Ukraine, and non-EU candidates who are residing in Estonia on a legal basis.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Engineering Management Environmental Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tallinn University of Technology and/or in Estonia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical, chemical, mechanical, electrical, mining, materials, industrial or civil engineering field. In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
- GRE General Test
- Motivational Letter
- Online Interview
- Officially certified copy of Bachelor's diploma in the original language
- Officially certified copy of academic transcripts in the original language
- Authorized translation in English of Bachelor's diploma
- Authorized translation in English of academic transcripts
- Simple copy of passport identification pages
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- All Ukrainian citizens are waived from the application fee.
- Ukrainian citizens who have a Temporary Protection from Estonian Police and Border Guard Board can study for free on any of the programmes TalTech offers in English.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.