The Social Work program at Middle Tennessee State University promotes excellence in advanced generalist social work education, research, and practice. Students take online courses, attend in-person courses one or two evenings a week, and participate in community internships.
The master’s candidates receive training to work in either administration or clinical practice. Graduates are eligible for social work licensure in all states. The program aims for enhancement of human well-being, diversity, and social justice through developing and improving systems of public social services, especially for children and families.
The demand for social workers has been projected to grow 19% overall in the decade through 2022 and varies by specialty area of employment. Social workers are employed in a variety of settings, including mental health clinics, schools, child welfare and human service agencies, hospitals, nursing homes, home care agencies, residential treatment programs, and private practices. Mental health and substance abuse social workers are one of the two hottest careers in the state requiring a master’s degree, according to the Tennessee Department of Labor.
- MSW Practice
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Welfare Policy and Services
- Social Justice and Equity for Multicultural Populations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 513 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Complete graduate application for admission
- Submit $35 nonrefundable application fee (money order or check with routing numbers); American Express, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted for online applications.
- Submit a copy of valid passport.
- Already in the U.S., submit a copy of valid Visa and copies of pages 1-3 of your current I-20 and the front and back of your I-94 card or I-94 information print out.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institution(s). We request transcripts be sent directly to an accredited external evaluation service. If transcripts are written in a foreign language, an official translation in English is required in addition to the official original copy.
International18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 24 months.
National18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7212 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Murfreesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.