We offer a master degree in Earth and Environmental Sciences at McMaster University. The School of Geography & Earth Sciences offers an exciting range of graduate research opportunities. The school has world class facilities, a multidisciplinary research environment offering field, laboratory and modeling opportunities, and a highly active graduate student community.
Areas of Research
- Hydrological Sciences
- Near-Surface Environmental Processes
- Environment and Health
- Social Geography
- Spatial Analysis
- M.Sc. candidates for degrees in Earth & Environmental Sciences whose previous degrees are not in related fields may be required to pass additional undergraduate courses normally to be taken in the first year of graduate study, as specified by the supervisor and approved by the Director of the School.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 56 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5698 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2102 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.