Whether you want to work in business, government, or the nonprofit sector, the International Affairs program of University at Albany will equip you with practical knowledge and skills that will enable you to succeed in organizations with international reach.
Forge a new career path or advance along your current trajectory.
Students who earn the master's in international affairs go on to careers in organizations such as:
- United States Department of Defense
- Central Intelligence Agency
- National Security Agency
- United States Foreign Service
- United Nations
- New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- Center for International Development at UAlbany
Sample job titles in the public and private sectors include:
- Excelsior Service Fellow
- Program Analyst
- Client Relations Analyst
- Legislative Director
- Intelligence Specialist
- Communications Specialist
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Global Governance
- Economics for Global Affairs
- Quantitative Approaches to International Affairs
- Global Security
- International and Comparative Public Management
- Statistics for International Affairs Managers and Policy Analysts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Business View 631 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Completed Degree Application
- $75 Application Fee
- Official transcripts of all schools attended
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Goals
- GRE scores
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.