Technopreneurs are needed to complete 40 credits before graduation where 12 credits are dedicated to completing an IT-based product development project.
For full-time students, three series of Entrepreneurship Modules (Latihan Pembentukan Usahawan- LPU Series 1, 2 & 3) are offered by MARA to technopreneurs within the duration of their studies, which are normally scheduled during semester breaks. These modules are part of the requirement for graduation as required by MARA as the sponsor.
Learning outcomesAs for the part-time Information Technology Entrepreneurship students at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, several compulsory workshops that are organized are carried out throughout the programme and must be attended by part-time students.Besides the normal class lectures, this program also adopts a Teaching Factory concept where technopreneurs have to undergo extensive practical exposure to enhance their business as well as their entrepreneurial skills. Industrial involvement is eminent to the success of this program, thus, technopreneurs will be engaged to industrial or business mentors through the Mentoring & Coaching concept introduced. To further equip the technopreneurs to become more competent, innovative, versatile, and possess ethical entrepreneurial values, they will be exposed to various kinds of external entrepreneurial programs such as seminars, series of short courses, business discourse, workshops, business forums & networking, business competitions, business visits etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Science and Civilisation
- Malaysian Society and Culture
- Malay Language for Academic Writing
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 19 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least Bachelor’s degree with good honors in the area of computer science or IT related discipline from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions or higher learning recognized by the university senate.
- A Bachelor’s degree from other technical background with at least two years working experience in IT related field may also be considered.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with good honors in the area of computer science or IT related discipline from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognized by the university senate.
- Currently a working professional or an existing technopreneurs.
International10346 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5173 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National4502 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2251 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- National: 10660 MYR
- International: 24500 MYR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.