The Fine Arts Radio, Television and Film program at University of North Texas, with an emphasis in documentary production and studies, is one of the few in the nation and the only program of its kind in the region. Using a wide variety of professional, high definition cameras, audio gear and various post production platforms, you'll be engaged in rigorous and ambitious production opportunities, while being immersed in the history and current theories of the global, documentary genre.
Because of the quality instruction our students receive, our students have earned grants for rigorous research projects and had productions screened at domestic and international festivals.
We provide opportunities to study abroad and conduct research in London, Cuba and other international locations. In addition, there is an established student/faculty exchange program with the University of Sunderland (United Kingdom).
Pursuing a graduate degree in Media Arts at the University of North Texas provides you many distinctive advantages, including:
- Access to professional equipment, state-of-the-art facilities and a community of artists and scholars engaging with emergent, global media strategies
- A curriculum that supplies a healthy combination of history, theory and industry studies, and a comprehensive education in the aesthetic, ethical and legal aspects of media production and consumption
- Opportunities to present your work at festivals, conferences and other related events
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Fine Arts View 160 other Masters in Fine Arts in United States
- A statement of purpose, in which the applicant states career goals and tells why the Master of Arts degree in Media Arts from UNT will help achieve those goals.
- A writing sample
- A minimum of two current letters of recommendation.
- An applicant from outside the United States must demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English prior to admittance.
International31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
National31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22568 USD per year during 12 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.