The faculty members remain current on trends through various research projects. Research topics include, but are not limited to:
- Choral music education
- Community music
- General music pedagogy
- Instrumental instruction
- Sociological context
They've also published many articles in peer-reviewed journals, written or contributed to textbooks and conducted presentations at regional, national and international conferences. Several faculty members remain active in Music Education through community outreach programs such as the Early Childhood Music Program and the New Horizons Senior Band.
The College of Music is one of the nation's most comprehensive music schools and is recognized internationally for its artistic and academic excellence. The college is vital to the region's arts community, presenting more than 1,000 formal and informal concerts annually. Its facilities include:
- More than 300 practice rooms
- Seven performance halls
- Numerous classrooms and rehearsal rooms
- Computer labs
University of North Texas provides a wide variety of services exclusively to graduate students. The Graduate Student Writing Support office can help you with writing, and the Center for Interdisciplinary Research offers assistance with statistical research.
The Toulouse Graduate School® offers several professional development workshops, including a Thesis Boot Camp. Many of the workshops are available online for your convenience.
Programme StructureCourses Overview:
- The Master of Music Education degree provides you the teaching, administrative and leadership skills needed for success in a variety of educational settings. You can select either a teaching emphasis or a research emphasis.
- The teaching emphasis is for school music teachers wanting to advance their knowledge in the practice and theory of music instruction.
- The research emphasis is recommended for those who might want to teach music in higher education. Both tracks require passing a comprehensive exam consisting of a thesis or the defense of a project practicum, depending on your track.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music Musicology View 1060 other Masters in Music in United States
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement addressing teaching, music and long-range professional goals
- Teaching DVD or video tape
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample of an undergraduate paper or scholarly work
International31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
National31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22568 USD per year during 12 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.