This program is one of only a handful in the country that provides intensive training in how to help children with hearing loss develop spoken language through the use of residual hearing, high-powered hearing aids and modern surgical procedures such as cochlear implants. The San Antonio based program holds courses at an approved off campus location, Sunshine Cottage School for Deaf Children. A Houston based cohort is accepted biannually with synchronous courses held via teleconference at the Center for Hearing and Speech.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Factors In Child Language Acquisition
- Introduction to Audiology
- Speech Mech-Anatomy/Physiology/Acoustics
- Language Development
- Speech for Hearing Impaired Student
- Aural (Re) Habilitation
- Comp Assessment, Counseling, Management
- Curriculum Mod-Child W/Hear Loss
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1078 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Hometown or county of residence that has been designated a medically underserved and/or health professions shortage area, especially South Texas
- Employment history, especially as it occurred simultaneously with undergraduate academic preparation
- Positions of leadership held
- Public/community service or volunteer activities
- Volunteer activities in education-related areas
- Prior experience in providing educational-related services
- Extracurricular activities
- Communication skills – as demonstrated in the essay and personal interview
- Commitment/desire to serve in an underserved region of the state following graduation
- Reference letters or recommendations
National50 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.