The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program at Fordham University emphasizes research-based instructional practices, which promote cognitive development and linguistic proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English as an additional language.
The program prepares individuals to work with children and adolescents from linguistically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
This program is only available for individuals interested in teaching K-12 schools and who are qualified to be certified as teachers in K-12 schools.
- Historical, Philosophical, and Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Instructing Bilingual Special Education Students
- Second Language Acquisition and Assessment
- Learning Content Through Language in Multilingual Classrooms
- Teaching English Oracy and Literacy to Speakers of Other Languages
- Teaching the Structure of the English Language
- Psychology of Child Development and Learning
- Human Development and Learning: Pre-K-Grade
- Designing Culturally and Technologically Relevant Instruction
- Principles of Bilingual Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 183 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- Twelve (12) credits in a language other than English
- Demonstrated proficiency in English through undergraduate course work and the admissions essay
- 3.0 GPA
- Online application
- Official transcript(s)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE or MAT exam scores
International54000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per credit during 12 months.
National54000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.