The main objective of the Master of Science in Maritime and Air Transport Management at the University of Antwerp is to help executive staff members from transport-related companies and organisations (shipping companies, port authorities, terminal operators, airlines, airports etc.) to become top-notch executives and researchers in the field. It is specifically designed with an international audience in mind and aimed at individuals with a background in economics or management focusing on transport-related matters.
Students enrolling at C-MAT typically aim to advance their careers in maritime or air transport. C-MAT will support students with this endeavour not only during the programme, but also after graduating.
During the programme, students have the opportunity to get in contact with the industry through excursions, guest lectures and their master dissertation. Furthermore, contacts between students from different industry backgrounds are encouraged to form a career network.
Last but not least, C-MAT is also present on social media and in professional networks, enabling us to organise alumni events and discussions. Students are kept up-to-date on external job opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCompulsory include:
- Transport Business Economics and Policy
- Technology and Innovation
- The Economics of Strategy
- Business Environment
- Strategic Management
- Capital Budgeting and Financing
- Project Methodology
- Master’s Dissertation in Transport Management
- Research Methodology
- Advanced Industrial Economics
- Welfare Economics
- Transport Modelling
- Master’s Dissertation in Transport Research
Major Maritime Transport:
- Port Economics and Business
- Maritime Economics and Business
- Maritime Supply Chains
- Air Transport Economics and Business
- Aiport Management
- Air Transport Pricing Strategies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
European residents without visa requirements can apply until August, 31st.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Technology Management Transport Management View 5 other Masters in Transport Management in Belgium
Admission will be granted by the admission board taking into account the application file of the student, academic background, motivation, language skills and if applicable professional experience. One of the basic entry requirements for the programme is a university degree:
- Applicants must hold a Master degree or five years Bachelor degree in a relevant subject, with good study results.
- Applicants with a Bachelor degree of four years of study can be admitted in case of demonstrable equivalence with a Master degree (e.g. on the basis of the programme’s curriculum, successful attendance of relevant additional academic courses/trainings and/or relevant professional experience).
Relevant work experience (preferably 2 years minimum) can be an additional selection advantage
International12750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12750 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12750 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.