Students also work with nationally recognized School of Music faculty members who prepare students to teach, perform, and research music. University of Oklahoma music faculty includes performing artists and scholars offering instruction in all instruments, voice, piano, piano pedagogy, music education, technology, musicology, theory, and composition. Many of the music education faculty have worked in elementary through high school music programs and have been nationally and internationally published.
Music Education students typically have interests in:
- Sharing music with others
- Music Theory, Musicology, and Ethnomusicology
- Musical Structures I-V
- Aural Skills I-IV
- Music in Culture
- Music Education
- Teaching Techniques in Music
- Instrumental Music Ed Methods I-III
- Psychology of Childhood & Adolescence
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3582 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submitted to the online application under the Resume tab.
- Submitted to the online application under Recommendations
- While all three of your letters of recommendation should be from someone who can speak to your ability to be a successful graduate student in a music program, we ask that you consider the following when requesting your recommendations
- One letter should be from a person who has considerable knowledge about your abilities as a performer, conductor, or composer (e.g.: studio professor, ensemble conductor, chamber coach, etc.).
- One letter should be from a person who can speak to your abilities as a scholar of music.
International40558 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20279 USD per semester during 24 months.
National35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.