The program qualifies students to take the New York State Education Department’s School Building Leader (SBL) certification examination which is required for school-based positions such as principal, supervisor, department chair, assistant principal, etc. in all NYS public schools and in many other non-public schools. Candidates seeking SBL certification are required to complete a one year part-time internship at their current schools. All applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School of Education.
About the academic program
The Administration and Supervision (MSE) program offered by Fordham University is organized to promote learning through group projects, action research, critical reflection, clinical applications, problem-based simulations, policy analysis and two semesters of Internship. The program, which follows a cohort model, is offered at our Lincoln Center Campus and, depending on interest, enrollment and site availability, at several off-site locations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Comprehensive Assessment Exam
- Critical Issues in Administration & Supervision
- Fundamentals of Educational Administration and Management
- Fundamentals of Educational Supervision
- Instructional Leadership
- Internship I and II
- Leading in a Diverse Society
- Perspectives on Leadership
- Professional Development
- Program Evaluation and Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Public Law View 1499 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including study abroad transcripts, must be submitted to the GSE Office of Admissions in official sealed envelopes.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.