The faculty, drawn from Wilfrid Laurier University’s departments of Religion, Culture and Global Justice, are specialists in disciplines across the social sciences and humanities and conduct research around the world. We bring our diverse knowledge and expertise into the classroom and to our student supervision to foster transformative learning and the spirit of free inquiry.
They encourage students to interrogate conventions and develop new modes of ethical engagement. In doing so, we seek to cultivate the critical skills and the knowledge that students need to succeed both within and beyond the university.
The MA in Religion, Culture and Global Justice would be a particularly good fit for candidates who contemplate pursuing further graduate studies (e.g. doctoral studies or professional programs in public policy or social work) or seeking employment in the NGO sector (e.g. nonprofit advocacy and organization: community development, refugee settlement, arts and culture) or education or journalism sectors.
The graduates have gone on to work in education, research, business and social services. Examples of jobs held by our graduates include:
- international student application coordinator
- NGO case worker
- multiculturalism policy analyst
- heritage planning specialist
- immigration program assistant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- study and politics of religion and culture
- globalization and global justice
- peace and conflict
- religion and international development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 93 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year (honours) undergraduate degree (or equivalent).
- A minimum B average in your fourth year of undergraduate study.
- Applications are reviewed by the graduate program committee, which considers all prior university grades, statement of research interests, a writing sample and letters of reference.
International13770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6885 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National5246 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2623 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Tuition per term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.