Over the course of 16 to 24 months, with the close mentorship of your adviser, you’ll learn how to develop a program of research, use research methodologies and statistical techniques, present your work in talks and posters, and communicate your research as an expert in the field.
Students with a Master of Science in Human Relationships at Wilfrid Laurier University with a concentration in cognitive and behavioural neurosciences often enter doctoral programs, or pursue employment in environments requiring research skills.
The graduates have gone on to work in medical research, policy and planning for various agencies, and both staff and faculty academic positions.
Examples of jobs held by our graduate include:
- faculty positions at Algoma University and Grant MacEwan University
- Multi-Health Systems, Toronto
- federal government research
- survey research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal models of human medical/mental disorders including addiction, eating disorders and age-related memory disorders.
- The importance of learning processes including neurobiology of learning and memory, comparative cognition of time and number processing, learning-motivation interface and neural plasticity.
- The Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience researchers spans a broad range of cognitive neuroscience topics, including visual and auditory perception, motor control, attention, memory and language.
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology View 105 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
- A four-year (honours) undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in psychology or related field.
- An honours graduate in a program other than psychology, or a combination of psychology and another subject, or general degree graduates may be admitted if evidence justifying admission is offered. However, a program of appropriate preparatory studies (a qualifying year) may be required of such applicants. Honours graduates in psychology may also be required to successfully complete one or two undergraduate courses before they are admitted to the MSc program.
- A minimum B average in your last two years of study.
- Graduate Record Examinations general test.
International13770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National5246 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2623 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Tuition per term
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.