This program is designed to provide students with a fundamental understanding of:
- The behavior of geologic media
- Structures constructed on or using these geologic media
- Contributions of geologic media to environmental problems and solutions.
Students may earn a master's or doctoral degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering or geoenvironmental engineering.
The Geotechnical Engineering program from the University of Oklahoma strongly encourages interaction between the various disciplines of soil mechanics, geomechanics and environmental engineering. The program emphasizes both analytical/numerical and experimental methods that aid in the advancement of modeling, analysis and design.
- Foundation Engineering
- Geotechnical Forensic Investigations
- Asphalt Pavement and Mix Design
- Engineering Geology
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Environmental Geotechnology
- Unsaturated Soil Mechanics
- Structural Design of Pavement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 425 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- OU Application for Admission (Online Application)
- Application processing fee
- Official University Transcript(s)
- Statement of Goals or Purpose (500 words or less)
- TWO letters of reference (Masters Degree) OR
- THREE letters of reference (Doctoral Degree)
- Please request your references to comment on your knowledge of the following in addition to any other comments that would aid us in assessing your skills.
- Engineering and scientific principles
- Analytical abilities
- Experimental abilities
- Initiative and communication skills
- Official Graduate Records Examinations (GRE) scores.
International40936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20468 USD per semester during 24 months.
National35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.