The coursework and field experiences in our Adolescence Education - Special Education program at Fordham University develops:
- competencies in understanding principles and policies of special education; and
- proficiency in assessing and providing evidenced-based intervention and instruction for culturally diverse adolescents with a range of disabilities.
Teacher candidates who meet all program requirements, complete the course of study and meet established field experience competencies are eligible for Fordham University’s endorsement for New York state initial certification in their program area.
Pass rates for Fordham’s initial teacher education graduates on the NYSTCE Teacher exams have been over 95% each year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical, Philosophical, and Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Special Education Foundations: Past, Present, Future
- Educating Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners: Pre K-12
- Consultation and Co-Teaching in Collaborative Classrooms
- Clinical Seminar in Behavioral Environments for Adolescent Exceptional Learners
- Assessment of All Learners with Disabilities
- Teaching English Language Arts and Social Studies in Inclusive Adolescence Classrooms
- Teaching Math and Science in Inclusive Adolescence Classrooms
- Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum
- Psychology of Adolescent Development and Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 4095 other Masters in Education in United States
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including study abroad transcripts, must be submitted to the GSE Office of Admissions in official sealed envelopes.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants are required to submit a resume or curriculum Vitae (C.V.) with the online application.
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per credit during 12 months.
National45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.