The "Big Data" phenomenon is rooted in the field of data science and engineering, which aims at developing both computer and mathematical tools for data storage,processing and analytics.
An increasing volume of data is daily produced by modern day industrial processes (in fields such as energy, intelligent transport systems, health, tourism and many others...), and fuelled by the rise of multimedia content being shared and the Internet of Things in our daily life. Artificial Intelligence is now empowering applications which requires large scale and smart processing of data to build accurate predictive models.
Objectives of the Master in Data Science and Engineering offered by EURECOM - Graduate School and Research Center in Digital Science
- Learn how to develop methods, algorithms and software capable to extract knowledge and insights out of huge masses of heterogonous data with several dimensions.
- Provide a cohesive blend of technical classes in machine learning, data mining, information extraction and distributed systems coupled with fundamentals in Business, Innovation and Project Management to develop profiles which are highly valued by corporate
Master's degree fully recognized by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research. The degree is co-delivered by EURECOM and the INSTITUT MINES TELECOM (French leading consortium of the best Engineering Schools in France).The degree allows for further Phd Studies.
Master obtained the © Carrière IA certification
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please be aware that the sooner students apply, the easier it will be to help them prepare their stay in France since more housing opportunities will be offered.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 38 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum 3 years of higher education) in a relevant field including undergraduate degrees in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Physics;
- Strong foundations in Mathematics, Calculus (limits, derivatives, series, integrals, probability, statistics, etc.), Linear Algebra and Programming (e.g. R, Python, Java)
- A certified B2 level in English. No requirement are needed in French as the program is fully taught in English.
For the 18 months curriculum Master degree specifically, the candidates need:
- A 4-years Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of 4 years of higher education) in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Physics;
- Demonstrable and strong foundations in Mathematics, Database Management and Machine Learning, Calculus (limits, derivatives, series, integrals, probability, statistics, etc.), Linear Algebra and Programming (e.g. R, Python, Java)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
The fees for the whole program (Master Degree in 18 months) is:
- 10 000€ (Non EU students)
- 5 000€ (EU Students)
Living costs for Sophia Antipolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
For our next 2021 fall intake (September 2021), EURECOM, with the support of the Institut Carnot, has established the EURECOM / Carnot TSN Excellence scholarship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue one of EURECOM’s 4 Master of Science and who can demonstrate a proven appetite for research.
Candidate selection is based on excellence and motivation.
Field of study:
Eligible Master’s Programs offered at EURECOM
Number of Awards:
- 2 SUPER EXCELLENCE scholarship of 10.000 euros
- 16 EXCELLENCE scholarships of 5.000 euros
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.