This Adolescence Education - Physics program at Fordham University develops teacher candidates’ knowledge and understanding of adolescent learning and development, educational theory, and best practices in science education.
The program leads to a Master of Science in Teaching degree and initial New York State certification.
Teacher candidates who meet all program requirements, complete the course of study and meet established field experience competencies are eligible for Fordham University’s endorsement for New York state initial certification in their program area.
Pass rates for Fordham’s initial teacher education graduates on the NYSTCE Teacher exams have been over 95% each year.
- Adolescence Education Portfolio
- Collaboration and Co-Teaching in Classroom Learning Environments
- Community Based Resources for Science
- Developing Digital Literacies
- Historical, Philosophical, and Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Integrating Math, Science, and Technology Education
- Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum
- Science Curriculum and Instruction
- Special Education Foundations: Past, Present, and Future
- Teaching and Learning with Diverse Adolescents: Development and Communities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Physics Teaching View 607 other Masters in Physics in United States
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including study abroad transcripts, must be submitted to the GSE Office of Admissions in official sealed envelopes.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants are required to submit a resume or curriculum Vitae (C.V.) with the online application.
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per credit during 12 months.
National45000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.