Explore your research interest and become specialized in a Kinesiology sub-discipline at Wilfrid Laurier University including biomechanics, health, exercise physiology, motor control or sport psychology. The emphasis of the thesis will be based on your own interests and your adviser’s research interests within this broad framework.
The graduates have gone on to work in professional fields, academics/education, rehabilitation and research.
Examples of jobs held by our graduate include:
- physical therapy/occupational therapy chiropractor
- senior specialist, heart and stroke
- research associate/coordinator
Programme StructureResearch Focus:
- motor learning and execution
- motor development and control
- motor delays or developmental disabilities
- perception and gait
- psychology of physical activity/sports
- chronic illness, disability, health and aging
- muscle and exercise physiology
- historical and ethical aspects of sport
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
The program will continue to accept applications until the program is full.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 169 other Masters in Public Health in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year (honours) undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in kinesiology, health, physical education or a related field.
- A minimum B average in the last two years of study.
- Applications are reviewed by the graduate program committee, which considers all prior university grades, a writing sample and letters of reference.
- At the discretion of the graduate coordinator and the supervisor, students with minor background deficiencies may be required to include specific undergraduate courses in their program.
International13770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5244 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2622 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.