As a International Public Policy student at Wilfrid Laurier University, you’ll complete three terms of intensive coursework – each building a specific skill set. Your first term emphasizes core skills in public sector economics, policy analysis and research tools, international relations and globalization. These core skills are then applied during your following two terms to the study of a selected field of concentration in international public policy.
MIPP graduates have a diverse range of interests and passions that they pursue after graduation. Our small and intimate alumni network is an effective way for our graduates to gain awareness of the opportunities available on a global level with great success.
Examples of jobs held by our graduates include:
- trade commissioner, Canadian Embassy, Bogotá, Columbia
- analyst, Financial Institutions Division, Finance Canada
- project administrator, International Partnerships, Canadian Bureau for International Education
The faculty have a wide range of research interests and are housed in the departments of political science, economics and global studies. The courses our faculty teach are based on their research expertise and are divided into four fields:
- international environmental policy
- international economic relations
- human security
- global governance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Development Public Policy View 19 other Masters in International Development in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Wilfrid Laurier University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor of Arts (honours) in economics, political science, or related degree, or training and interests that involve significant interdisciplinary research pertinent to the area of international public policy.
- A minimum B average.
- The equivalent of a one-term undergraduate course in microeconomic theory, a one-term undergraduate course in macroeconomic theory, an introductory statistics course and a relevant political science course or the successful completion of an approved preparatory program.
- Applications are reviewed by the graduate program committee, which considers all prior university grades, a writing sample and letters of reference.
International17500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National5244 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2622 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Tuition per term
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.