The Master of Environmental Studies (MES) from Wilfrid Laurier University is ideal if you’re interested in environmental and resource management, or some aspects of human geography or environmental applications of geomatics. We also offer a Master of Arts in Geography and a Master of Science in Geography.
You can benefit from the breadth and depth of the expertise of the faculty and your fellow graduate students in this rich intellectual environment. The joint program allows you to explore a range of research interests, from the analysis of pressing social and environmental problems to theoretical questions of philosophical and technical importance.
MES students who recently completed the program are employed by/as:
- municipal governments (Thunder Bay, Calgary)
- provincial government departments (Alberta Environment)
- federal government departments (Fisheries and Oceans)
- conservation authorities (Halton Hills)
- policy formulation and evaluation, sustainable development, and environmental management
- water resources
- energy resources
- protected areas
- provincial and national parks
- natural and human-induced hazards.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 103 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year (honours) undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in geography or related program.
- A minimum B average.
- Applications are reviewed by the graduate program committee, which considers all prior university grades, a statement of research interests, a writing sample and letters of reference.
International13770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5246 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2623 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Tuition per term
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.