The Master of Science in Agricultural Communications at Oklahoma State University is designed primarily for students interested in research. The program develops students’ theoretical and research foundation for further graduate studies in addition to further knowledge and skills in agriculture and education or communications. Two options are available in this program.
This program requires 30 approved credit hours of coursework including a six-credit-hour formal thesis. The thesis is a report of scholarly research conducted by the student. The scope of the study will normally be of state or national interest, and the thesis will include an in-depth analysis of the findings.
The program requires 32 approved credit hours of coursework including a two-credit-hour formal report. Although the formal report is the result of original research, the literature review or statistical analysis may lack the depth required of a thesis.
This program also provides development of professional communications skills for related careers in agribusiness, government service, and extension. The master's degree program in agricultural communications provides a flexible program, which can be tailored to meet each student's unique situation. Specialization areas such as marketing, mass media, and public relations are also available through cooperation with the School of Media and Strategic Communications.
If your goal is to become a well-rounded business professional, you’ve come to the right place! Our graduate degrees in business prepare you academically to achieve in a variety of fields while our Career Services Office prepares you for success inside and outside the board room.
Developing your image can be just as important as expanding your list of academic skills – both are necessary to be successful in the workplace. Image enhancement and network development through interaction with key employers and business leaders are some of our greatest skills. Let us teach you how to use these skills now and in the future to create and maintain balance in your life and achieve success!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Features Writing and Editing for Agricultural Publications
- Professional Development in Agricultural Communications
- Agricultural Communications Capstone
- Research and Thesis
- Special Topics in Agricultural Communications
- Orientation to Graduate Programs in Agricultural Education, Communications and Leadership
- History and Philosophical Foundations of Agricultural Communications
- Writing for Scholarly Publications in Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Theory and Practice in Agricultural Communications
- Advanced Concepts in Agricultural Publishing
- Agricultural Photography Tour
- Communicating Ethical Issues in Agriculture
- Public Relations Campaigns in Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Disaster Management and Communication in Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Advanced Studies in Agricultural Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Agriculture View 173 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
International34588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34588 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National29560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29560 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State19230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19230 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.