The Cultural Analysis and Social Theory program from Wilfrid Laurier University is designed to foster the type of critical inquiry that extends beyond the boundaries of a single academic discipline. Working with professors from across the humanities and social sciences, you gain a comprehensive perspective on the diverse theories and critical methodologies essential to understanding contemporary culture and society.
Through coursework and an optional independent research project, you refine your critical thinking and analytical skills, broaden your perspective on contemporary issues and gain new insights into the social and cultural forces that shape the modern world.
The program welcomes students from a wide variety of undergraduate disciplines and universities across Canada and around the globe. We offer a lively and intellectually engaging program designed to enable you to successfully conduct your graduate studies in a supportive student-centred environment.
Graduates of our CAST program might consider the following career options:
- social policy researcher/advisor
- cultural research assistant/associate
- arts/culture critic
- humanitarian aid worker/administrator
- museum curator
- advocates for LGBTQ/women’s rights
- advocates for migrant workers
- non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Globalization, Identity and Social Movements
- Body Politics: Gender, Sexuality and Embodiment
- Cultural Representation and Social Theory
- Approaches to Cultural Analysis
- Cultural Analysis and Social Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology View 107 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Arts (honours) degree or equivalent.
- Minimum B+ in your fourth year of study.
- Applications are reviewed by the graduate program committee, which considers all prior university grades, a writing sample and letters of reference.
International13770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National5246 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2623 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Tuition per term
Living costs for Brantford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.