The Communication Studies program at Wilfrid Laurier University is animated by interdisciplinary faculty with expertise in areas such as alternative media, cultural and creative industries, digital cultures, global media, health communication, media history, mobilities, popular music, social media, visual communication, and beyond.
The Communication Studies MA program offers a Co-operative Education option. Co-op students have the unique opportunity to obtain paid employment and professional communication experience in non-profit organizations, the public sector, community groups, and organizations in creative industries.
The graduates have gone on to work in education, public relations and communications. Examples of jobs held by our graduates include:
- health marketing communications specialist
- social content strategist
- product content copywriter
- communication and education manager
- marketing and communications coordinator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Seminar in Communication Studies
- Communication Studies Research Methods
- Network Cultures
- Critical Theory
- Global Cultures: Hybrids, Homogeneities and Flows
- Risk, Media and Science
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered until the program is full.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Digital Communication View 22 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies (honours) degree or equivalent.
- Minimum B+ in your undergraduate major program of study and a B+ overall for your last two years of study.
- Applications are reviewed by the graduate program committee, which considers all prior university grades, a statement of research interests, a writing sample and letters of reference.
International13770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6885 CAD per semester during 13 months.
National5246 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2623 CAD per semester during 13 months.
Tuition per term
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.